The first phase of the Call for expression of interest aimed at identifying the Brazilian and European Union research and innovation actors that will actively participate in the B.BICE+ EU-Brazil Technology and Innovation Forum has been closed since the 6th of July.
47 applications were received:
- 40 from the European Union, representing 14 European countries.
- 5 from Brazil
- 2 from Egypt
The evaluation of the applications was conducted by a committee including B.BICE+ consortium members (IRD, FORTH and ANPROTEC), two external experts and the EU Delegation to Brazil as observer. As announced in the call, the following criteria were considered:
1- Promising cooperation to which participation in the EU-Brazil Technology and innovation forum will contribute (30%):
2- Active role in the EU-Brazil Technology and Innovation Forum (30%):
3- Quality and experience of the applicant (20%):
4- Quality of the abstract (for panels) or interest of the innovative proposals (for B2B encounters)(20%)
As a result, 28 applications were selected for funding:
About the call
• Representatives of the B.BICE+ consortium.
• A representative of the organization committee of the ANPROTEC’s annual meeting.
• A representative of the B.BICE+ Advisory Board.
• A representative of the EU Delegation to Brazil
Support offered by B.BICE+ to the selected candidates
B.BICE+ will cover;
• Air travel: directly arranged by the event organizers (ANPROTEC, IRD and FORTH).
• Economy class fares on the basis of the shortest and most economical fare available at the time of the grant notification.
• Hotel: directly arranged by the event organizers (max. 5 nights)
Conditions of participation
• To attend and contribute to the debate of the Forum events
• To submit a draft of your presentation until the 15th of August ( a template will be provided)
• To provide, after the Forum (End of October at the latest), a report presenting the results to which your participation to the Forum has contributed (a template will be also provided).
• Participants who would like to make a presentation during the Tour of Brazil event (23rd of September), must contact their respective Embassies in Brazil to coordinate with them the national programmes to be presented.
Deadline for the general call for expression of interest (including EU applications for B2B encounters): The general call is closed since the 6th of July, 2014
• Publication of results of the general call: End ofJuly.
• Promotion of European Union requests for B2B encounters to Brazilian innovation actors. All organization and individual profiles will be published online and will be available to fix the agenda of B2B encounters: 28th of July until the 15th of August, 2014.
• Call for interest for Brazilian applicants to B2B encounters: 15th of August, 2014. (More information)
• Matchmaking for B2B encounters: From the 15th of August, 2014.
• Confirmation of roles of delegates in the different B.BICE+ events (panels) and finalization of papers (interventions): August 15th, 2014.
• Booking of travel: August 2014.
• Events in Belem/BRAZIL: September, 22nd – 25th, 2014.
• Submission of reports: November 30th, 2014
After the EU-Brazil Technology and Innovation Forum
- PDF of the Call for expression of interest – EU-BR T&I Forum (including the call for B2B encounters).