We are extending the deadline of the call targeting innovation actors to 19th April 2015!
Objectives of the call for exchanges and twinning
- Build stronger relationships and long term partnerships between European and Brazilian research and innovation actors on priority areas identified by the EU-Brazil Policy Dialogue on Research and Innovation
- Identifying areas of cooperation and mutual interest
- Enhance the sharing of experience among seasoned innovation actors through working visits
Each exchange will lead to the development of a work plan for a sustainable EU-Brazil partnership (feasibility study) and will provide recommendations for the EU-Brazil cooperation among research and innovation actors.
This call is aimed at supporting three modalities of EU-Brazil exchanges:
- Visit exchanges between Technology Transfer Offices (TTOs) / Gestores de inovação from Europe – Member States (MS) and Associated Countries (AC) – and Brazil.
- Visit exchanges between laboratories or research institutes and a TTO, SME or other organization with technology transfer knowledge/expertise.
- Visit exchanges between European and Brazilian innovation agencies/networks (clusters / arranjos produtivos locais, technological parks, networks of TTOs, etc.). Exchange visits involving European Technology Platforms (ETPs) are particularly encouraged.
The call is open to research institutions, TTOs, SMEs, technology platforms, innovation agencies and innovation networks (clusters / arranjos produtivos locais, Science and Technology Parks, business incubators) or other innovation actor from Europe (MS/AC) and Brazil. Each applicant from Europe must have found a partner institution in Brazil and each applicant from a Brazilian institution must have found a partner in Europe.
What are the targeted thematic areas?
This call finances travels grants supporting EU-Brazil research partnerships in priority areas defined by the EU-Brazil Policy Dialogue on Research and Innovation:
- Marine research
- Food security, sustainable agriculture and bio-economy
Projects in the below areas will be also considered:
- Sustainable agriculture and Biotechnology/bio-economy
The following cross-cutting areas to the above priority areas will be encouraged: ICT, Biotechnology, Climate change, Renewable energies
Support offered by B.BICE+ to the selected candidates
Through this call, support is offered to finance the travel of one representative of a Brazilian or European institution willing to organize a visit exchange to a partner institution.
B.BICE+ will cover:
- Air travel: Economy class fares on the basis of the shortest and most economical fare available at the time of the grant notification.
- Contribution to per diem: total contribution will be notified with the results of the call.
The per diems reimbursement will be according to IRD policy and French national regulations for public bodies. It will be notified to the selected candidates.
Maximum amount to be allocated by B.BICE+ per visit exchange: 3000 Euros.
The co-financing of the exchange visit by one of the participant institutions is encouraged and will be considered among the evaluation criteria.
The exchange visits must reinforce or contribute to the establishment of durable links between innovation actors from Europe and Brazil. For this reason, the following results are expected:
- Identification of priority areas for cooperation
- Work plan for a sustainable EU-Brazil partnership (feasibility study)
- Recommendations for EU-Brazil cooperation among innovation actors
A report consolidating these results must be submitted to B.BICE+ not later than 2 weeks after the end of the visit exchange.
Commitment from participants
Successful candidates will be required to provide the B.BICE+ project team with a detailed report of the activities undertaken, and the next steps for the proposed project, within two weeks of the completion of the activity. A template for this report will be provided.
How to apply?
Fill in the application form (Annex 1).
Please submit your proposal (Annex 1) before the indicated deadline by email to email@example.com, along with:
- Curriculum Vitae of the institutional representative participating to the visit exchange
- Letter of the candidate’s institution supporting his/her participation to the visit exchange
- Letter/invitation from the hosting institution
Deadline: Proposals must be submitted until 19th April, 2015. (New extended deadline!)
Please indicate as subject of the email with your proposal: Name of your institution – Call – Exchanges – innovation
At the date of submitting the application, the candidate institution must have identified a hosting institution in Europe for the Brazilian candidates and in Brazil for the European candidates.
B.BICE+ can give a support to identify a partner by:
- Publishing on BICE+ website your profile and request for a hosting institution
- Transmitting your request to European technology transfer network ASTP-PROTON or to Brazilian technology transfer forum FORTEC. If you need this support, please fill the specific form (Annex 2) and send it to B.BICE+ team as soon as possible (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All the applications must be submitted in English. Reports of the visit exchanges must be also submitted in English.
Only the following applications will be eligible:
- Submitted by the targeted actor
- Applicants have identified their partner institution
- Complete applications, not exceeding the indicated number of words for each section
- Targeting the priority areas of the EU-Brazil Policy Dialogue
- Responding clearly to the objectives of the call
- Received in time, by the deadline.
The eligible applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
|Quality and visibility of the programme of the working visit The working visits must add value and be consistent with the objectives of the research partnership.||20%|
|Quality and experience of the applicant
|PertinenceThe project is related to the thematic priorities of EU-Brazil Policy Dialogue on Research and Innovation||20%|
|SustainabilityThe exchange must contribute to reinforce or to establish durable links between innovation actors from Europe and Brazil.||30%|
|Co-financingThe exchanges is co-financed by the candidate or the hosting institution||10%|
- Representatives of the B.BICE+ consortium.
- A representative of the B.BICE+ Advisory Board.
- A representative of the EU Delegation to Brazil
|Launch of the call||18th March 2015|
|Deadline for submission of applications|
|Evaluation of the applications||3 weeks following deadline|
|Publication of the results on B.BICE+ website||End of April – Begin of May
|Visit exchanges||May – October 2015|
EDIT: here is also a word version of the application form
EDIT: here is a word version of the specific form
For any information, please contact:
Picture: © IRD – Michel Jéguword version of the specific form